The insurance is intended to provide cover in case of emergency outside the usual country of residence.
You can choose from:
Temporary travel insurance which can be arranged at the time of booking of a trip and covers the duration of that trip only.
Continuous travel insurance which can be used for an unlimited numbers of trips per year.
This is a more convenient product for the frequent traveller.
The most common risks that are covered by travel insurance are:
- Medical assistance and expenses
- Emergency assistance and expenses
- Evacuation and repatriation expenses
- Delayed departure compensation
- Delayed baggage compensation
- Trip cancellation following a long delay
- Personal accident cover: death and permanent disability
- Loss, theft or damage to baggage
Some insurance companies also cover:
- Public liability
- Legal assistance
- Loss of money and credit cards
- Ski and winter sports (optional)
- Travel cancellation compensation (optional)